Monday, October 7, 2013

New Experiences

Ellie's experienced some new firsts these last few weeks. We had dinner up at the cabin a few weeks ago and it started snowing! We took her outside and she lit up seeing her first snow!
 
 
For the last week, Ellie has been sleeping in her own room, in her crib! It has been an adjustment for both of us, but I think she's starting to get the hang of it. We had to stop swaddling her too because she was starting to roll over in it and now she pretty much only sleeps on her belly. No matter how many times I put her back on her back, she's right back to her tummy within seconds. And not only is she sleeping that way, she sleeps with her face smashed flat to the mattress. The first few nights of this, I was a nervous wreck, checking on her constantly. Ellie's also been a little stinker and started waking up every hour or two during the night. She's been doing this for over a month now and I can't figure out what the deal is. Mama needs her sleep!
 
 
Ellie has had so much fun exploring the world! She loves to get out and go! I think she's going to have quite the adventourous personality. We went to Cabela's the other day and she was fascinated with all the animals! She was such a big girl and got to sit up in the cart for the first time and watch all the surroundings go by. I can't believe that she can already do this! Stop growing!!!
 

On Friday, Ellie tried real food for the first time! We were shocked with how well she did. She gobbled it right up like she had been eating for months! We were totally expecting her to spit it everywhere and only actually eat a few bites. There was hardly any mess at all since she gobbled down every bite. Here's the video of her first time eating.


 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment