Thursday, September 9, 2010

Snip Snip

It's the saddest thing when you're taking your dog to the vet and he's so excited because he gets to go on a car ride, but he has no clue what's about to happen. Poor Recon lost his manhood yesterday. Unfortunently we had no choice in the matter since he is an AKC certified dog we had to sign that we would neuter him when he was old enough. We are very sad for him, but what else can we do. He was pretty funny all doped up though. He could hardly walk when we got home, pretty much all he did yesterday was sleep. He's almost back to normal today just still kinda tired. But good thing, he still lifts his leg when he goes! It was kinda funny, last night I took him out to go and he has this bush that he always goes on in front of the house. He stumbled up to it and literally walked right into the brick wall behind it. Then he did his business and then just sat there with his head up to the brick with a blank stare on his face not knowing what to do next. I had to help him get out of the bush. Poor thing. The vet weighed him yesterday and he was 87 lbs! They say that puppies don't stop growing until they are 18 months old and Recon's dad was 90-100 lbs. We sure hope he doesn't get much bigger since he's only 7 months now.
Pretty much all he did yestderday
So sad

Dopey


Pearl brought James over today and I watched him for a few hours while she was doing some training at work. It's been a while since I've seen him and he's grown so much! He's starting to talk now and he was so much fun to play with. He really liked Recon and constantly wanted to go out in the backyard to see him, but as soon as Recon would come up to see him and give him kisses James would get all nervous. 
He has the biggest blue eyes

After like 30 different applicants and 3 months of hard work we have finally rented out our apartment. We found a nice couple that is getting married in October and she just moved in last night. It was hard to see the place go and not be able to go down there anymore, but it will be nice to have the income again. We just hope they take good care of the place. It's so weird that it's done, I feel like I need to be doing something right now. It will be nice to have some time to myself again. I think I will spend it making Banana Peanut-Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins today! Surprise for Ryan when he gets home from work.
Yummy!

3 comments:

  1. haha this made me laugh! poor recon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor puppy, looks like he handled it like a champ though. :)

    I'm going to need that recipe Rach. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel ~
    I am Recon got clipped!!!
    Your loving mother,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete