Monday, August 30, 2010

Wyoming

Last week we left for a little road trip through Yellowstone and then to Ryan's parent's cabin in Hyattville, Wy. We camped outside of Jackson in the Teton's national park. Then we drove through yellowstone the next day. I was bummed that we didn't see any bears or wolves, but we did see tons of buffalo which Recon was going nuts for. He tried to jump out the window a few times. We stayed in Hyattville for 3 days and then we made the long drive home yesterday. I have to admit that this was shamefully our first time out camping this year. Recon loved it though, he had lots of fun rummaging around in the dirt and trees. 

Hyattville was so nice and relaxing. I have been looking forward to this trip for the last few months. We have been working non stop on the house, and neither of us have been able to take a break. We set up the hammock by the river and I enjoyed laying back and reading. We played a few games of botchi ball and chipped the golf balls around the yard. Recon and I got up in the mornings and ran down a pretty road following the river. We even got out fishing with Ryan's dad this time. Ryan's grandma and grandpa Dunlop made it down saturday and spent the night. It was fun to see them. Ryan and his mom had a rib cook off which made for a delicious dinner. 

Now we're back to the fast paced life that we too often get caught up in. Good thing places like Hyattville still exist. 
Ryan's dad and Recon surprisingly love each other!


1 comment:

  1. Recons getting so big already! Looks like fun. I like to go out and be in the country every once in a while. It's nice to relax. And those pics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete