We celebrated our 2nd anniversary yesterday. It's crazy that it's already been 2 years, I don't know where the time as gone. We had a nice weekend together. On Saturday we hiked up South Fork Canyon where we had our wedding reception and the fall colors were so beautiful! Then that night we went to an awesome birthday bash for Ryan's boss up at a cabin in the Canyons. On Sunday we took it easy and Ryan had to write a paper so we didn't do too much. Then last night we had dinner at Chef's Table and then went star gazing and looked at Jupiter with the telescope. We kept it pretty low key this year, but I do have to tell you about my tragedy...
So I decided to get creative yesterday and be a good little wife and make us a red velvet cake for desert. I have always wanted to make one and finally had the perfect occasion. I baked the cake and made the frosting from scratch and then after like 2 hrs in the kitchen, I started frosting the cake. I had the cake on my cooling rack that has collapsable legs (which I should have transferred it to a cake platter, I know, I know). Ryan had just walked in the door, home from work/school and was surprised to find me being so homely and wife-like making a cake and all. Anyways, while I was frosting, somehow one of the legs slipped off the edge of the counter and the rack collapsed letting my entire cake (which was nearly finished) fall to the floor. Ryan ran to my rescue and abiding by the 5 second rule helped me put the cake back together into a scrambled mess. I was a teary mess myself and far from being a good homely wife. Luckily I caught about 2 pieces worth in my hands before they splatted on the floor and we were able to enjoy that later for desert. Needless to say, it still tasted amazing, so my baking skills still remain intact. It was quite tragic but we did end up having a great night anyways.
By the way, our camera forgot to tag along for the weekend so I apologize on it's behalf that we have no pictures to show ya'll.
Congrats on the two years! Teague and I are going on 3 in December! Time flies. I am so sorry about your cake! If it makes you feel any better something pretty similar happened to me when I made a cake for Teague's birthday when we were dating :( so sad! I'm glad some survived tho! lol
ReplyDelete