Saturday, March 1, 2014

In our Home

We have a 10 month old. She is crazy and silly and fun and we love her so much! She is emotional and loving, yet grumpy and stubborn. She loves to talk all day long. She's even singing a little bit. She does the motions to the Itsy-Bitsy-Spider and jabbers away to the tune. She can stand all on her own now. She has the strongest little legs! I swear she does at least a thousand squats a day, bending down, picking up a toy and popping right back up! She walks all over holding on to things, but hasn't taken any steps on her own yet.

She still loves the dogs so much, especially Ember. The first thing in the morning, she will ramble on saying "Eber-ber-ber-ber" looking around until she finds her. Then she likes to play tug-a-war with her and she chases her all day long. It's surprising to me that Ember actually really likes Ellie too. She will bring her blanket right up to her and ask to play. Ember has never been much of a baby/child dog, but she has really warmed up to Ellie.

Ellie has a new found love for the outdoors. Now that it's warming up, we've been spending lots of time outside. Every time the front or back door opens, she tries to escape. We play out in the grass, picking up leaves and sticks. She's mastered climbing our front steps, but she still has no idea how to go down. I'm trying to teach her. One of her most favorite things still is swinging. On days that it's nice outside, we walk to the park with the swing. I had to work last weekend, but when I got home, Ryan had a wonderful suprise for me. He had put up a swing in the backyard! Ellie loves it so much!

Ryan's brother sean and his girlfriend came to visit over the weekend. I wasn't able to see them much cause I had to work. Ryan and Ellie had lots of fun with them. They went on a hike and it sounds like Ellie loved it. Sean helped Ryan with the swing and they did an awesome job.


 

 



 
 
 
After a long day of playing and getting dirty, Ellie does her other most favorite thing before bedtime. Bathtime!!!

 

She still loves to make the biggest mess possible. She especially loves to pull all of her books off of her shelf.
 
She has the best sense of humor and she has been making the funniest scrunchy face lateley.



 
For V-day, daddy got her a new bear!

 
We went bowling with some friends a few weeks ago and she had so much fun!


I still think she looks so much like her daddy
 


 
She has also discovered the cupboards and the tupperware!
 
And how she loves these dogs

 
And of course, here are he 10 month shots...













 


This little girl is turning into a toddler. I catch little glimpses here and there of my baby and I try to hold on to them as much as I can, but she is inevitably transforming before my eyes. One of my favorite things is rocking her to sleep for her naps. She lies there so still in my arms, breathing softly and looking so peaceful. I could just sit there for hours watching her.

No comments:

Post a Comment