Recon's birthday was yesterday! He's a year old now, I'm not sure if I really believe it, I feel like he was just a puppy the other day. He is so big now, last time we weighed him a few weeks ago he hit a 100 lbs! He started his B-day weekend off by going over to meet his new friend Rivers (Pearl and Matt's dog). They played for 5 hours straight in the backyard and he absolutely loved it! Rivers is a golden-doodle and he is around 8 months old now. He's about the same height as Recon. They had lots of fun roaming around the yard. Pearl and Matt have a huge chunk of BLM land in their backyard and Recon had a hay day climbing around and smelling all the wonderful smells. Recon slept so good that night. Sunday I had to work, so Recon got to hang out all day with his number one favorite person, his dad. They went on a really long walk and played in the park. Then they hunkered down and did manly things together while watching the Super Bowl. Of course Recon rooted for Green Bay and his Birthday wish came true when they won! When I got home from work, I put together his B-day cake that I baked the night before. We sang to him and then he ate a huge slice of it in one gulp! Obviously you can all tell that Recon is pretty much like our child. I love this dog. He has become my favorite running partner, he likes to help me do dishes and follows me around the house all day when Ryan's not home. Once Ryan comes home he is glued to his side. He is such a daddy's boy. We are so happy that we chose this pup a year ago, he really has become an important part of the family.

I forgot to get a picture of Recon and Rivers together, but I did catch James wearing my boots!
And for old times sake I had to add a picture of Recon when he was six weeks old! The day we first picked him out.
OH my gosh! Recon is so big! They grow so fast...haha. The wedding picture you put up top is beautiful! You made such a beautiful bride! :)
ReplyDelete