Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bees

When we bought our house, the sellers told us that in one of the large tree trunks in the backyard there was a big bee hive. They said that every year the bees come, but for some reason last year they never did. We have been hoping that they would come back, but we haven't seen anything. We took some pictures about a month ago of the old hive inside, but no bees. Yesterday when I came home from work, Ryan took me to the backyard for a surprise. There were hundreds of bees everywhere, swarming around the tree! It was awesome to see. So now we have a huge active beehive in our backyard! The sellers told us they never had any problems with any bee stings and they had two little girls that played in the backyard all the time. I think it's really neat, especially after the disappearing bee scare a few years ago.

Heres what the hive looked like about a month ago



Here's what it looks like now




Some pics I took






3 comments:

  1. thanks for the video! you are dare devils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is way cool. I wonder if they were all hibernating. You should talk with the guys at this site http://www.utahcountybeekeepers.org/
    they may be interested in your hive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so crazy!!!
    Thanks,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete